Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Try Your Pasta Sauce with Turkey Cutlets!

When I reached into the refrigerator the other day to look for something creative to prepare for dinner (and I needed something quick and easy as I was training clients and needed to cook and head out the door), I pulled out a package of turkey cutlets. I decided to cook those up in a bit of olive oil and herbs/spices with a dash of sea salt and black pepper. After preparing the chopped cutlets, I added a little more olive oil and a can of organic diced tomatoes with 1/2 cup of all natural chicken broth and brought it to a simmer again.

It was served over whole wheat pasta and sprinkled with a sparing amount of real parm cheese (not the stuff in the container) ... a tasty, healthy, and very easy meal to prepare.

One of the key elements in healthy eating is portion control. Keep in mind that 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta is a serving size. However; the good news is that whole wheat pasta contains only 140 kcals as opposed to white or refined pasta which is 300 kcals per serving, and white pasta has a higher sugar content and less vitamins/minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment